
Riley starting to really get the hang of cruising before we moved.
Technically, our house is to the right, but it pretty much looks the same just the mirror image. This house is Scott's office and where his coworkers live.
Shortly after we moved, we went back to Auburn to get our trailer ready to sell. This was our last time playing in the trailer.

We visited Mama Jewell and Pa Bill (and stayed a night) and visited Grandma Jo on our way to Auburn from Crestview.
One of Riley's favorite places when we first moved in.
Riley and Dada in their Columbia gear.Scott is the oldest of three boys. After Scott is Troy (who is my age) and then Nick who is a year younger. For years, I've heard about how Nick showed Troy how to pull out the kitchen drawers to make steps up to the counters. I think our little Riley has a bit of his Uncle Nick in him. He's not walking yet, but he wants to climb on everything. Right now (and hopefully not much longer), we have our TV on the floor with the DVD and Scott's XBox next to it. Riley loves to hold onto the TV and step onto the DVD player and then onto the XBox. Even as the XBox starts to slip, he doesn't get scared. We are working hard on "no climbing," but he's pretty determined.
We have a desk in our living room that has a board running across the bottom. The board is about a foot wide and is about 8 inches above the floor. Today, Riley went to the side of the desk and put his hands onto that board. He kept moving his feet like he was going to climb on it. I thought, "surely not..." and then one knee up and then the other. He was in a crawl position on this board and thought it was so funny. I took him right down and said, "no climbing." A minute later, he climbed right over it.
He also tries to climb on his toys or Mama or Daddy to get on top of the coffee table. He hasn't made it yet. Here's hoping he won't!!

2 comments:
Riley- Don't you scare Mama and Daddy! This climbing thing is not really a great idea (it might give you other ideas- like "hmmmm, I wonder if I climb that skinny tree, if I might not be able to make it topple over" and "this isn't really that high a cliff- I can jump from this into the water below no problem").
Grandma thinks you might want to find other things to do :).
Wow, Robin. He is really started to look like you!
Post a Comment