Sunday, July 19, 2009

No more Teddy Grahams

Riley has begun to display a little bit of resistance to authority. If I tell him not to do something, he either ignores me or takes whatever it is that he is doing to his little hiding place and continues as if he is immune to our intercession there. He is only slightly more responsive to Robin.


Yesterday as Robin was wrapping up his snack time, he gestured for more and she said, "No more Teddy Grahams." Riley's very expressive brows lowered, his shoulders pressed up into his neck and his little balled up fists tightened. His little body began to shake violently and he let out a string of incomprehensible expletives. Robin was quite intimidated and yet was fighting laughter.


It looks like we have a little guy with a temper. Robin casually mentioned to me this morning that there is no doubt that we are born into sin, referring to the situation yesterday. Ever since then, I have been following him around saying "No more Teddy Grahams" to see if I can get him to shake violently when Robin isn't watching.

2 comments:

Poks said...

Comment from Robin:

Well, he didn't actually say anything when he got mad. Just grunted ("NNNNNNNN!!!!"). He was MAD though. The shaking was kind of crazy. I guess he's got my temper, but he's got his daddy's mad face.

And as for Riley's daddy, I keep reminding him that the Bible tells fathers not to exasperate their children which is exactly what he's doing. That's certainly not going to help with his temper.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, sister!!!!
Son, do not continue to exasperate your child, or I will show you that YOU are not too old for a bit of discipline yourself.
(Wish I could have seen his little shaking, though).