Before becoming a father, many people teased me about the joys of being spit up on. They would always end with "it's not that bad." I have been spit up on many times. I have been peed on a good bit too. I change a lot of diapers and am a hands on father. Today I had one of those really disgusting days. Sometimes I will lie down on the ground and put Riley's legs over my shoulder and let him bend down to kiss/munch on my face. This time he got so excited that he spit up (puked) into my eyes. I looked up and then everything went white. No towels or cloths around with Riley pinning me down, I was helpless. I cried out for help and when Robin came laughing, I could tell that she wasn't helping me right away. Instead she went for the camera while I yelled. This was not a minor, mostly saliva spit up. This was white puke. It smelled awful and pooled in my eyes and collected in my ears.

On a less disgusting note, while Riley was chewing on his tongue, he started making sounds that were similar to da da. Robin was running the vacuum so I said to him "da da ma ma" and to my surprise, he repeated it. Every time that I yelled for Robin, she shut the vacuum off and he stopped. Finally, after three times, I motioned for her to leave the vacuum on and she heard him. He is a little shy about performing for more than just one person.
-Scott
2 comments:
That's pretty gross... but wait till they puke up food all over you. Babies are relatively harmless, but I agree the milk spit up smells awful. And getting it in your eyes is priceless. The really gross parts are all once they start eating food. : )
Wow!
Post a Comment