Besides the busyness of Thanksgiving, things have been a little crazy for Riley. A day or two after we got back home from our time with family during Thanksgiving, I stuck my finger in his mouth to check the progress of his bottom right middle tooth and of the upper right tooth and to my surprise, I found that the tooth next to his left middle bottom tooth had broken the surface. So, he's working on cutting three teeth at once. It could be more, he just rarely gives us a chance to feel them. They are all coming in REALLY slow and the right bottom tooth is coming in twisted. I read that they usually straighten up when they get all of the way up. I hope so! Those little teeth are razor sharp, but they've bothered him too much to bite us. Like I said, he barely lets us touch them. The order they are coming in is kind of funny. Usually its the two bottom middle, then the top four and bottom two next to the middle teeth. His are just coming in this one and then that one. It will be interesting to see which ones start busting out next.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Lately...
Riley's been pointing a lot the last few weeks. We thought he was just learning to use his "pointer" but didn't think he totally understood the concept of pointing to things. Apparently, we were wrong and he understands it at least a bit. The other day, I was reading to him Goodnight Moon and when I read "red balloon," he pointed to the red balloon. After I finished the book, I went back to one of the pages and said, "Riley, where's the red balloon?" He pointed to it. We typically point to objects when we are reading books so he learns to identify them. Riley had already been pointing to the cats in his Mommies Say Shhh book, but we didn't know he could identify objects in other books. He also can identify the pickle and cherry pie in The Very Hunger Caterpillar. So neat to see him learning!
Besides the busyness of Thanksgiving, things have been a little crazy for Riley. A day or two after we got back home from our time with family during Thanksgiving, I stuck my finger in his mouth to check the progress of his bottom right middle tooth and of the upper right tooth and to my surprise, I found that the tooth next to his left middle bottom tooth had broken the surface. So, he's working on cutting three teeth at once. It could be more, he just rarely gives us a chance to feel them. They are all coming in REALLY slow and the right bottom tooth is coming in twisted. I read that they usually straighten up when they get all of the way up. I hope so! Those little teeth are razor sharp, but they've bothered him too much to bite us. Like I said, he barely lets us touch them. The order they are coming in is kind of funny. Usually its the two bottom middle, then the top four and bottom two next to the middle teeth. His are just coming in this one and then that one. It will be interesting to see which ones start busting out next.
Bebe got Riley a new Christmas book. Of course, he tried to chew on the donkey. 
A few weeks ago, I started making baby food. Wish I had started earlier. It seemed daunting, but it's fun to come up with your own creations and it's relatively easy. Actually, I'm really glad not to have to deal with all of those glass baby food containers too. I can never get the baby food pureed as fine as the jar food. Riley didn't like this at first with sweet potatoes I made, but he's getting used to it. It's probably good for him to start learning how to eat lumpier food. This is spinach and green beans. It tasted quite awful (and I like spinach and green beans), but Riley was fine with it. He ate it up.
Riley looked like he was playing video games. I guess he's been watching his Dada.
Very interested in the Christmas tree.
Besides the busyness of Thanksgiving, things have been a little crazy for Riley. A day or two after we got back home from our time with family during Thanksgiving, I stuck my finger in his mouth to check the progress of his bottom right middle tooth and of the upper right tooth and to my surprise, I found that the tooth next to his left middle bottom tooth had broken the surface. So, he's working on cutting three teeth at once. It could be more, he just rarely gives us a chance to feel them. They are all coming in REALLY slow and the right bottom tooth is coming in twisted. I read that they usually straighten up when they get all of the way up. I hope so! Those little teeth are razor sharp, but they've bothered him too much to bite us. Like I said, he barely lets us touch them. The order they are coming in is kind of funny. Usually its the two bottom middle, then the top four and bottom two next to the middle teeth. His are just coming in this one and then that one. It will be interesting to see which ones start busting out next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Riley- you are certainly going to have to stop all this growing or Gramps and I will not recognize you when we next see you! All those teeth and sight recognition- whoa, baby!
(Love the chair Rachael painted for you- too sweet!).
Grandma
Post a Comment