This post is a little overdue. Riley's Christmas was quite fun. Christmas Eve, Grandaddy and Nanna Wright came to Auburn. We went out to eat lunch at Logan's and then opened gifts. Riley got a lot of cute clothes and some fun toys and a book. He was in such a good mood and laughed and laughed all afternoon. It was a lot of fun. After that, we went to the Christmas Eve service at Church of the Highlands - which will be one of our last times there. Yes, we are moving soon. It's exciting but also a little sad to be leaving our friends, church and to be moving a little further away from my (Robin) parents.
For years (over 9), Scott and I have discussed whether our kids would open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Scott grew up a Christmas Eve opener, I grew up a Christmas day opener. He said I could decide what we do with Riley. So, we opened Pokswinski family gifts Christmas Eve and had Riley "open" our gifts to him on Christmas morning. Christmas Eve evening, we talked to Pokswinski family on Skype. That was really neat, because we were supposed to be with them this Christmas. Riley's Gramps and Grandma Pokswinski were snowed in and not able to be with the other Pokswinskis (aunts, uncles and cousins). We got to talk to both parties through Skype (separately). Christmas morning we got up, helped Riley open up the gifts from us - a few toys. We had a Skype conference call with Scott's parents, brothers, their wives and Scott's niece. That was so great. It kind of felt like we were all in one room together. "Bebe" came over that afternoon, and we had a traditional Christmas meal with turkey, dressing, black-eyed peas, butter beans, rolls, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. I love turkey/dressing meals. Riley opened up his gifts from Bebe. He sure is enjoying all of his new books and toys and clothes. We're so grateful for our family! My brother John Thomas was supposed to come spend Christmas day with us, but he got the flu, so he stayed at home.
By the way, Riley's bottom middle tooth came through several days ago. Now he doesn't look quite as red neck :). It's crooked just like the other bottom middle tooth, but it looks so cute. Both of his big teeth are moving down fast. I can't believe how fast he's growing up! Riley is a amazing gift that we enjoy every day. We feel so blessed!!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Riley, I'm not so sure that Mama and Dada can see how quickly you are growing since they're with you every day, but every time Grandma sees new pics of you she's amazed. (I know I write about your growth all the time, but as I say, I am amazed).
Your first Christmas sounded like it was "just right".
Love you :)
How much fun! I am glad Riley had a great first Christmas. I like your haircut, by the way!
Post a Comment