Saturday, May 17, 2008

2 months

Riley was two months old on Wednesday. He had his two-month appointment that day and had to get 6 vaccines (5 shots)! It was so sad. After he got his shots he cried for quite some time, stopped for a few minutes and then cried again. Driving home, he fell asleep and slept for two and half hours. That's pretty unusual for him. He typically only takes 30 minute naps, which is definitely not long enough for him. Anyway, I woke him up to feed him, and he woke up crying again. He fed and then cried until he fell asleep. I was actually kind of worried because he slept pretty constant the rest of the day and the next day and most of the next day. I'm glad his naps are in longer chunks, but it did have me a little concerned at first. He seems to be doing well now and is still very active and happy when he's awake. He sleeping for longer stretches at night too.

He's chuckling ("a-hur a-hur, a-hur a-hur") more and more when we play with him. He likes Daddy to "honk" his nose and likes Mommy to cluck her tongue. His favorite game right now is blowing bubbles. He pushes out the little saliva bubbles and tries to make big bubbles with his mouth like his parents do. It's so cute when he tries to imitate us. We are just enjoying being Riley's parents - what a blessing!

He thought it was so funny when I put this turtle on his head and was smiling and chuckling before I took the picture.

No comments: