Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rolling over

Every Thursday, Riley and I go to a breastfeeding support group. It's a great time to get him weighed and to talk with other moms. I look forward to going each week. It's fun to have new mom friends. Riley's always very alert during this each week. More and more, he looks at the other babies and studies them. He seems very curious lately, and the other moms have actually noticed that about him too.

Today, he started babbling away to a 4-month-old girl. He was just telling her all about it. (Scott thinks Riley's going to have a deep voice like his Uncle Troy.) Because he's so alert and normally hates "tummy time," I try to put him down on his tummy while we are there most weeks. They have a nice firm pad for this. Riley held his head up really high today for about a minute. He started to fuss, and then rolled onto his back after two minutes on his tummy. He's sort of done this on soft surfaces, but this is the first real time he's rolled on a firmer surface. It was so neat to see him do this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE reading your BLOGS on that beautiful baby! I think it would be a great idea to continue to post his weight every time you post things so that we can all visualize his size. And I adore the frog picture!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE reading your BLOGS on that beautiful baby! I think it would be a great idea to continue to post his weight every time you blog so that we can all visualize his size. I love the pictures and I especially adore the frog picture!