I mentioned in the last post that Riley knows how to make his polar bear toy roar by pushing its head down or pulling it up. Well, yesterday, I was clipping his nails and put the polar bear in his lap to distract him. (I usually try to clip his nails while he sleeps, but it's hard to do since he's usually swaddled when asleep.) Anyway, he couldn't quite reach the polar bear and I was busy trying to hold each finger still as I clipped. After a minute of this, he started making these noises, "Rahh" "Raaaahhhh" "Rah," and I realized that he was imitating the bear. The polar bear has five different "Rah"s that it does. I put the nail clippers aside to help him play with the bear. Sure enough, they "Rah"ed back and forth for a little while. Later when I was making dinner, his Daddy played with Riley and the polar bear. Riley started his "Rah"s right up. After a while, Scott noticed that he was actually getting upset and would furrow his brow as he "Rah"ed at the bear. We're not sure if the bear was upsetting him or what, so he moved on to something else. Daddy said it was his first fight. I think he wanted to "push her down."
The picture below was taken in honor of Riley's Gramps for Father's Day. Riley can't wait to see his Gramps and Grandma in July.

1 comment:
He's like a big bear man!
Post a Comment