Riley is really using his tongue a lot lately. He likes to stick it out, draw in his upper lip with it, and lick people and (as we discovered today) stuffed animals with it. Scott thinks it's gross, but I think it's kind of cute. Sucking his upper lip is particularly funny to me. He sucks in one side, then the other and then the whole thing making lots of noise. His tongue is heart shaped, and I think that's pretty cute too. Riley is still liking to stick his hands in his mouth at times during the day. Because of this, Riley's hands smell, as his daddy says, "like death." I say they smell like Cheez-its (like cheese and sour dough). Scott doesn't love it when I say that since he likes Cheez-its...liked Cheez-its. I told Scott I would get him a box of Cheez-its and let Riley feed them to him so he wouldn't know where the smell was coming from.
Earlier, I talked about Riley learning how to push the button on his Baby Einstein music toy. Well, about a week or so ago, I taught him how to kick the music toy that is attached to his Baby Einstein play gym. He's pretty good at it. Every time I put him on the mat, he starts kicking it. Today he just kicked and kicked and kicked. He had so much fun and knew exactly what to do.
Scott had a good first Father's Day yesterday (I hope). Riley and I tried to make it fun and as relaxing as possible for him. Of course, Scott had to study a good bit, but the day went well. Riley gave his dad some great laughs when they played! This morning, Scott was making Riley laugh really long. Scott stepped back and I did the same thing to Riley that Scott did that was making him laugh so loud. Riley just looked at me like I was crazy. It made Scott and me laugh that he reacted so differently. Funny how babies know the difference between their parents - we've been type casted!! Although, right before his current nap, I was playing with Riley and he finally gave me that long laugh. No matter if he's laughing at his daddy or me, that laugh just melts my heart. It's so amazing! Below are some pictures from today.

1 comment:
bla bla
Post a Comment