Riley only gained the minimum weight over the last three weeks. We're happy about that. He was 17lbs, 3.5oz today. That made me feel better about how frequent he has been eating and about his night wakings. I guess he's working hard to replace all the fluid he loses when he drools and sweats (It's so amazingly hot here and will probably only get hotter over the next month). Riley and I both had fun talking to the other mommies and babies today when we went to our group. Riley and I had missed the last two weeks. He's always so interested in what's going on, and it's so fun to look at a room full of smiling baby faces and hearing them all babble and laugh. There really isn't anything much more precious than that!
Riley has been sitting by himself several times a day for longer and longer periods. Here's a picture of him "tripoding" yesterday. Don't worry, Daddy was standing right by ready to catch him.
Riley's also losing his hair - and tons of it. A lot of it has fallen out just in the last week. I know it's part of the whole thing, but it's kind of sad to see that pretty brown hair (I know it looks red in the pictures) go. At the same time, I'm losing a ton of hair everyday. I'm hoping that part stops soon!
4 1/2 months
No comments:
Post a Comment