It seemed that things would slow down once Scott was done with his orals, but he had a job interview that he had to start preparing for the day after his orals. About a week and a half ago, Riley started teething. We haven't seen any teeth yet, but he was pretty rough for about a week. The pediatric clinic had us come in to make sure that he didn't have an ear infection (he had the same symptoms), but his ears looked great and his gums are apparently swollen. Right as he started to feel better, it was "shot day" on Thursday. He did a lot better than last time and seems to be over any fussiness and crying from the shots.
Recently, I was reading to Riley, and I noticed he would grab pages as I started to turn them and would sort of turn them himself. A few days after he first did this, I sat him next to his daddy for a minute while Scott was looking at a biology book preparing for his interview. Riley started to grab the pages immediately. He's gotten very interested in books. He's also interested in watching us eat or drink anything. We won't be introducing cereal until he's 6 months, but I think he will be really ready for that when we start. Sometime soon, we're going to introduce the cup too (maybe in the next month).
Other cute things:
The other day, I had Riley in my arms and was taking him to change his diaper. When we walked by his daddy, I leaned Riley in for Daddy to give him a kiss. After Scott gave him a kiss, I noticed Riley swiped his mouth with his arm. I looked up to get Scott's attention to notice what Riley was doing, and Scott was doing the exact same thing. It was so funny. (Scott hadn't been looking, so he wasn't copying Riley or anything).
My mom spent some time with us while Scott was at his interview. Riley was chewing on his "Rileypod" (the Baby Einstein music toy) and my mom pulled it away from him for a second. He started to cry right away. That was the first time that he's cried when a toy was taken away.
Recently, I was reading to Riley, and I noticed he would grab pages as I started to turn them and would sort of turn them himself. A few days after he first did this, I sat him next to his daddy for a minute while Scott was looking at a biology book preparing for his interview. Riley started to grab the pages immediately. He's gotten very interested in books. He's also interested in watching us eat or drink anything. We won't be introducing cereal until he's 6 months, but I think he will be really ready for that when we start. Sometime soon, we're going to introduce the cup too (maybe in the next month).
Other cute things:
The other day, I had Riley in my arms and was taking him to change his diaper. When we walked by his daddy, I leaned Riley in for Daddy to give him a kiss. After Scott gave him a kiss, I noticed Riley swiped his mouth with his arm. I looked up to get Scott's attention to notice what Riley was doing, and Scott was doing the exact same thing. It was so funny. (Scott hadn't been looking, so he wasn't copying Riley or anything).
My mom spent some time with us while Scott was at his interview. Riley was chewing on his "Rileypod" (the Baby Einstein music toy) and my mom pulled it away from him for a second. He started to cry right away. That was the first time that he's cried when a toy was taken away.

No comments:
Post a Comment