Thursday, July 3, 2008

Riley's girlfriend

Today, Riley weighed 16lbs, 4.5oz. Which means, he actually gained less than an ounce a day over the last two weeks. Maybe his weight gain is finally slowing down. There's a baby at the bf support group we go to named Natalie. She's about 5 days older than Riley, and I refer to her (at home) as Riley's girlfriend. It's been fun to talk with her mom about what types of things our babies are doing since they are the same age. Well, today at our group, I took Riley over to see Natalie. The two babies just smiled so big at each other. It was so cute. That's really the first time that he's done that, but I had a feeling that he would since he laughs at his own reflection in the mirror everyday.

In the last two days, Riley's been doing raspberries. It's wild reading about what they will do and then seeing them start to do those things. He's also taking at least one longer nap (about 2 hours) each day, and sometimes, he'll take a second longer nap (about an hour and 15 minutes). All of his other naps are still 38-45 minutes long.

The picture I posted was taken a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: