Yesterday, leaving the post office, we got rear ended. The guy who rear ended us had just let us onto Opelika Road. This is the second time one of us has been rear ended within 10 days! Both similar instances. First in the "purple m&m" (as Rocky calls it) and this time in the Explorer. Thankfully, everyone was fine and this time there was no damage. Riley wasn't in the car the first time (I was taking a quick trip to the store while Scott watched him at home), so this was his first car accident. The guy who hit us felt so bad. It was one of those instances where someone stopped fast to make a turn two cars ahead of us. Then the car in front of Scott had to stop fast.....etc. The guy behind us wasn't looking up, so that's why he hit us. Both times, we were hit by college students. I guess that's one of the disadvantages of living in a college town.
Riley has kind of surprised us lately. He hadn't rolled over in months and months and months, so we just figured that he might not be interested. Then today, he rolled over at least four times. Three times from his back to his stomach and once from his stomach to his back. We couldn't believe it! He also had a good time holding onto the coffee table and standing up. He doesn't move his feet too much, but he likes to stand and bang on the table.
I wrote before about how I let Riley choose (most nights) which vegetable to eat. Yesterday, rather than reaching out or grabbing what he wanted, he pointed to it. We got some video, but by the time we got the camera out, he wasn't pointing quite like he was before. I asked him three times, and he consistently went for the squash. Tonight, he chose carrots over sweet peas. He keeps spitting up everytime he eats carrots though, so I think I might hold off on those for a while. It's a little disturbing when you see something reddish gushing from his mouth. I don't like that!
One final thing I keep forgetting to mention. You'd think that with two younger brothers, Scott probably would have all of that pestering out of his system. Maybe oldest sons never get over that urge, because while he's an awesome dad, Scott can't seem to resist pestering his little boy. Maybe Uncle Nick will get some relief. I doubt it though.

4 comments:
Oh no! I can't believe you got rear-ended twice. Riley picking out the food is so neat!
WOW!! YOU, my little grandson, are SOOOO smart!! I wish I had known I could have given your mama and uncles choices rather than letting them spit and sputter out of their mouths. You have a really smart Mama and Daddy, Riley, and I know they love you so much!
Praise God that you all were ok from your second "rear ender." God has his angels around you all, I know!
Love you, Riley! Give kisses to Mama and Daddy,
Bebe
Oh my goodness, Robin I just realized that I have not heard you voice in almost 9 years...it made me miss you even more. The next time we are in Columbus I have GOT to look you up!!!
Jamesha, that's so funny, because I think the SAME thing every time I hear your voice on videos of your kids.
Post a Comment