Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Swimming

Yesterday, Riley and I went to our new mommy/baby group. This group has the same people from our Thursday group and was formed so everyone can keep getting together even after weaning. This was the third meeting like this but our first time going. We all met at one of the mom's houses. This mom was a friend of mine when I worked at the pharmacy school - so, it's been fun since we had a previous connection. Anyway, she has a pool, so Riley got to take his first little "swim." He really enjoyed being in the water with Mommy. I tried to teach him how to splash. I think he kind of understood but was being cautious. At one point, he splashed his big fist in the water. Water got all over his face, and he laughed. He enjoyed when I lifted him up out of the water and back down into it. He also liked when I walked backwards holding him as though he were swimming towards me. This made him smile big several times. I forgot my camera, but another mom took pictures. If I get a copy, I'll post it. He did spit up in the pool - no surprise! I felt bad about that, but I should have known.

Before we left for Washington, we had several family members visit. I'm posting some of those pictures.
Uncle John Thomas and Riley
JT's long-time girlfriend, Tatum, and Riley - they matched!
Pa Bill and Riley - we think Riley gets his head shape from Pa Bill
Mama Jewell and Riley
We were amazed that Riley fell asleep like this. He never does this!! I guess Mama Jewell has the touch.

No comments: