Saturday, September 27, 2008

First cold

I've always been intrigued when I've heard moms talk about knowing their child was going to be sick the day before any symptoms showed up. Now, I've experienced it. Intuition is a pretty amazing thing. There were a few things that just seemed a little "off" yesterday, and I even said to Scott in the evening, "either his teeth are really bothering him or he's coming down with something." Of course, we both then said we hoped it was just his teeth. When he woke me at 2:00 this morning to eat, we both knew right away. Poor baby was SO congested. He really didn't appreciate me using the bulb on his nose, but he could barely breathe. Normally at night, I feed him and he goes right back to sleep, but he was very restless and probably very uncomfortable. Scott was so sweet and walked around with him and hummed until he went to sleep. It took us forever to get back to sleep and then Riley woke at 5:50 sounding terrible again. You can tell he feels bad, but he's in a pretty good mood over all and is actually taking a long nap right now (which he never does for his first nap). It's nice that he spends so much time with both of us, because it means we can both comfort him. He's had a few times of only wanting mommy (one of the clues yesterday), but they are very brief moments. He's been wanting to touch us when we've been holding him, and that's kind of sweet.

Riley does this everytime he sits in the highchair, and he only does it with his right foot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Riley has a cold. Poor little guy!

How cute that he puts his little foot up on the tray :).

Grandma hopes you're feeling better right away, sweet one.

Love you all!

Carla said...

How is he doing? Is he getting better? We missed ya'll yesterday.

Poks said...

Carla, we missed ya'll too! Riley's doing better, but he still has some congestion and a little cough. I didn't want to bring him and infect anyone else. I'm hoping he will be well for play group this week!